Saturday, November 16, 2013

My life between 22 yards and 24 years, hard to believe it has come to an end...goodbye: Tendulkar


Sachin
The little master, not known to express his emotions on the cricket field, spoke at length and thanked all those who helped him throughout his career.

Express News Service : Mumbai, Sat Nov 16 2013, 13:32 hrs

Sachin Tendulkar, in a very emotional speech at the post-match presentation, thanked all the people who played a crucial role in shaping his career.
The little master, not known to express his emotions on the cricket field, spoke at length and thanked all those who helped him throughout his career, expressing his happiness over serving the country for so long.
Highlights from Tendulkar's speech:
Encouraging father
My father was the most important person in my life, and I've missed him a lot since 1999. Everytime I raise my bat or do something, it is for him. He gave me freedom to chase my dreams at the age of 11, but warned me not to look for short cuts.
Caring mother
I don't know how my mother dealt with a naughty child like me. She took care of me and just prayed and prayed everytime I played. I thank her for all the sacrifices.
From where it all started
My sister gifted me my first ever bat, it was a Kashmir willow and I can say it all started from there. She still fasts everytime I bat.
The brother bond!
I don't know what to talk about Ajit. We have lived this dream together. He took me Achrekar sir at the age of 11. He sacrificed his career for me. We share a special bond. Even last night we were discussing about my dismissal. It has been like that since many years. This is the habit we have developed since my birth. We discuss cricket, talk about technique, agree, disagree and lot more.
Leading lady
The most beautiful thing happened to me when I met Anjali. Those were special years and have continued to be the same. Thanks for bearing with me always, and staying by my side always. I have had my best partnership with you. Being a doctor, you had a career in front of you but you chose to sacrifice that when we decided to start a family. Thank you for everything!
Precious diamonds
Now coming to the two precious diamonds of my life - Sara and Arjun. They have already grown up. Time has flown by. Thank you for understanding always. I haven't spent a lot of time with you two, but next 16 years or even more everything for you two.


.


No comments:

Post a Comment