Monday, September 15, 2014

Manmohan Refuses to Join Issue with Rai

Published: 15th September 2014 































NEW DELHI: Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday refused to comment on controversy following former CAG Vinod Rai’s allegations on 2G and coal scam saying that he had “done his duty”.
“I, indeed, did my duty. Well, I do not want to comment on other people what they have written,” Manmohan said on Sunday after the celebration of release of a book titled ‘Strictly Personal: Manmohan and Gursharan’, written by his daughter Daman Singh.
The former PM was asked about the scathing criticism by Rai who held Manmohan responsible for the controversial decisions to allocate 2G spectrum on a first-cum-first serve basis and coal blocks without auction.
The former PM’s daughter also refused to react to the latest controvery arising out of Rai’s book that chronicles some of the recent corruption scandals investigated by the audit body.
“Actually, I do not know anything about that. So, I cannot comment. I have no idea about that. I have not heard what they have said. I cannot say anything. I really do not know and I have not heard what they have said. So, there is no point in saying anything,” Daman , who teaches history at Delhi University, said.
In her book, Daman has showcased the journey of her parents and provides new insights into the couple but keeps away from the last 10 years when her father headed the UPA Government.

No comments:

Post a Comment